Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New Work


Hello! I just recently moved from Alabama to Tennessee. I'm getting settled in here and enjoying it. Nashville isn't too far from where I am and I get to go out there pretty regularly. They have a really great art scene. I managed to finish a commissioned piece before moving. I haven't painted flowers in a really long time. I found it challenging and I also managed to paint without utilizing any black paint. I really like how mixing without black turned out on the daffodils.
I also recently finished a large piece, "Portage Glacer Spring" it's 36"x36" in acrylic. I really enjoyed working on this piece utilizing glazing and washes. The water was pretty challenging and I'm really happy with the mountains and clouds. 
I also started a new website for my paintings where you can also get prints on demand. You can visit it at: www.maconststudio.com
I'm looking forward to entering more art shows this year and will update here with more information. Now I need to get back to painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment